Professional in Human Resources — International™
The credential demonstrates mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles independent of geographic region.
Earn international HR acclaim with the Professional in Human Resources International™ (PHRi™) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The PHRi (formerly the Human Resources Business Professional™ or HRBP™), for internationally based practitioners, validates professional-level competency, knowledge and skills to help to propel your HR career forward. With the PHRi, you demonstrate mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles in a single international setting.
To be eligible for the PHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
Exam Format & Length
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at a Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Exam length: 145 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
Testing for the PHRi is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
Your PHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your PHRi credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam.