Senior Professional in Human Resources— International™
Independent of geographical region, the credential complements local HR practices.
Demonstrate your strategic international HR leadership with the Senior Professional in Human Resources – International™ (SPHRi™) from HR Certification Institute (HRCI). The SPHRi (formerly the Human Resources Management Professional™ or HRMP™), for internationally based HR leaders, validates senior-level HR competency and mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy, policy development and service delivery in a single international setting.
To be eligible for the SPHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience*:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
* The SPHRi requires documented knowledge of local employment laws.
Exam Format & Length
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at a Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Exam length: 105 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
Testing for the SPHRi is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
Your SPHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your SPHRi credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over a three-year time span. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Business Management & Strategy credits.